Cath Lab Nurse 51 views
- Postal Code 682038
- Salary Offer 20000 per month
- Job Code ASP 6634/B
- Total Years Experience 2-3 years
- Dress Code Casual
Wanted Cath Lab Nurse for a reputed hospital @ Cochin
Experienced Required :2-3 years
Salary Offered :20000 per month
- Provide pre/intra/post procedure nursing care (assessment, monitoring, intervention and education) related to diagnostic and therapeutic adult cardiac catheterization procedures including (but not limited to) angioplasty, coronary stents, balloon valvuloplasty, Swan Ganz/right heart catheterization, structural heart, and pericardiocentesis.
- Transport patient to/from pre-post recovery and/or inpatient unit.
- Administer intravenous and oral medications to patients.
- Manage patients under procedural sedation.
- Operate physiologic recorder and printer to monitor electrocardiogram and hemodynamic data. Troubleshoot equipment issues and/or initiate repair.
- Operate intra-aortic balloon. Troubleshoot equipment issues and/or initiate repair.
- Operate Impella. Troubleshoot equipment issues and/or initiate repair
- Actively monitor patient during adult cardiac catheterization procedures (vitals, etc.). Participate in life-saving measures such as defibrillation and cardiopulmonary resuscitation as needed.
- Ensure adequate levels of all supplies are available in all procedural room(s). Stock as needed.
- Demonstrate competency in the following: angioplasty, coronary stents, balloon valvuloplasty, Swan Ganz/right heart cath, pericardiocentesis, intra-aortic balloon pumps, Impella, and recognition of cardiac rhythms.
- Apply nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health, illness, and procedure.
- Positively collaborate and coordinate the continuum of care within a multi-disciplinary team and across divisions/units.
- Perform patient care according to patient priority (includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses), and departmental, divisional, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Document/report interventions and patient/family response. Follows universal precautions.
- Precept new staff at the direction of the Procedural Nursing Manager and/or Procedural Clinical Practice Leader.
- Follow policies and procedures in accordance with regulations set forth by the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Department of Nursing, UI Heart and Vascular Center, and the University of Iowa.
- Demonstrate acceptance of responsibility; pride in work performed; flexibility in acceptance of assignments while consistently maintaining professional behavior and appearance.
- May be required to train and provide cross-coverage for Electrophysiology (EP) and/or float to Cardiovascular Pre- and Post-Recovery Unit (CPRU).